Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 8: a.k.a. Chipmunchkin

Wow! I cannot believe it's my second Saturday post-op! Insano!

This post may not be as long as usual, I posted a good one this morning (for day 7) and not much has changed!

Photos:




Swellings down more!

Bruising is less neon like!

My appetite is back in full swing! This morning I had a Boost for breakfast, some gelato (coconut & hazelnut chocolate) for an afternoon snack, a bowl of that delicious hearty soup I mentioned in my last post and then a Strawberry/Cranberry/Milk/Vega smoothie for dinner.

My friend Amanda came to visit me today! She kind of freaked out when she saw me and told me how different I was already looking (yey!!!). The other day she made up a nickname for me, which is the name of my post today - Chipmunchkin (Chipmunk & Munchkin)... I thought it was cute. We had a great time eating that scrumptious gelato I just mentioned. We also then went for a long walk (probably 1.5 hours). It was so beautiful outside, we couldn't stay in! I was pretty tired when we got back to my place, so I've just been relaxing since.

I've been trying to exercise my mouth muscles a lot to get them moving. Making really strange facing to stretch out everything and try to get full function back... it's taking A LOT of time, especially since I'm still about 50% swollen in my cheeks/mouth area. If you look at my smiling photo though I can smile a bit bigger now!

That's all for today :)

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday night!

Alexis

3 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! You're looking more and more like Britney each day! haha. get well soon so we can drinky drinky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexis!
    Your smile is so wonderful! The swelling is really going down fast! My wife really likes that gelato too, but I can't seem to take a liking to; although if I had only had clear liquid like you I am sure it would be just amazing!
    I hope everyting continues to go well for you!
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete