Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 20: The Pressure is On

Shana Tova to everyone celebrating the Jewish New Year!

Here are Day 20's photos:


Yesterday I had a bit of a down day. The weather in Toronto was sh*ty to say the least (and has continued today). I woke up with a severe case of pressure in my sinus area (where the screws are) and it lasted through out the day. I had to cancel my laser therapy session because I just was not feeling good.

Today's been awesome - attitude wise. I slept until 10 am and it made me feel so much better. A good rest always does that! I'm also back on Tylenol for the swelling. I think I'll keep taking a couple pills a day until the swelling really goes away. I don't want the pressure/swelling to come back like it did yesterday in full force.

I went to work for 1/2 a day yesterday and got some constructive things done! I'm excited to get back into the "full-time" swing of things next week and to get my life back to normal. I already have a bunch of coffee dates and events to go to in the next few weeks, so I'm looking forward to being social again (besides having my lovely visitors while I was recovering in my apartment - love you guys!!).

More food updates! Yesterday I had some sushi takeout that consisted of seaweed salad, udon tofu vegetable soup with buckwheat noodles (I think that's what it is called) and salmon sashimi. All chopped up into little bits of course. Today I ate butternut ravioli in a cream sauce (cut up). I loved both of those meals and am very happy that I can at least eat some sort of normal food.

WONDERFUL NEWS! A stitch fell out today! My first one!!!! It was from the upper left side of my mouth. I hope this means the rest will fall out soon. They don't irritate my skin, I just want them out, its been almost 3 weeks now!

I've made a video that consists of a montage of 3 weeks of post-op photos! I'll post it tonight. It's pretty fun/cool/nerdy to watch the transformation. I can't wait to see what I'll look like in another 3 weeks when all the swelling is supposedly gone and I get my surgical wires off!

Happy almost TGIF :)

Alexis

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alexis!
    I didn't see this post last night...sorry to hear you were down. I live in Washington State and the weather has been pretty cold and bad too. It is that time of the year when the sun goes down so early and we live in the dark a lot!
    Great news on the stitch, I wonder if you put that under your pillow if you get a little money from the "stitch ferry"? HA!
    I hope you continue to feel better!
    Have a wonderful night!
    Regards,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete